Tuesday 27 July 2010

Le Touquet, Skate park and Swimming

On Monday we went to Le Touquet for the day


Harry digging a really big hole!
Aqualud http://www.aqualud.com/ is a water slide park located on the seafront in Le Touquet. It is great for older children and in warmer weather there are plenty of slides for younger children as well. We made the mistake of taking Abbie and Harry on a ride which we thought was going to be a lazy river with large inflatable double rings. We got to the top and realised that it was infact the "black hole" a pitch black ride with flashing lights and scary noises. Unable to climb back down through the queue we had to take them down the ride. Harry was so surprised he couldn't scream and Abbie, well she screamed the whole way down. Yes, a bad parenting moment but afterwards they thought it was quite funny!
We also found out how bad my French was; we walked into the pool and the lifeguard pointed to my head and said "douche". I thought he wanted me to wear a hat and I started talking to Ian asking whether my swimming hat was in the bag. I then noticed that no one else in the water park was wearing a hat and said to the lifeguard "but no one else is wearing a hat!" Eventually I clicked that although I had had a shower, I hadn't washed my hair. I think I better brush up on my French before we go on holiday.

While Abbie was playing tennis today I took Harry over to the skate park (when the big boys weren't there!)

This was his favourite ramp


He also attempted the quarter pipe! Next time I think he should wear a hat and padding.


We also went swimming today


Harry swimming frontcrawl

Abbie swimming frontcrawl


Abbie got her 50m badge today - Great swimming!










No comments:

Post a Comment